Thursday, April 5, 2012

Mama and Baby Easter Chicks Bento

TinySprite asked for a Mama and Baby chicks bento, so here they are! I'm not expert with the egg white zigzag cut, especially when the yolk is so close. I'm told if you want the yolk to be perfectly centered, you must constantly roll the egg during boiling. Um, okay; that's why mine will have to be off-centered. The trick is to use a small blade and work with a light touch, but you can see that I punctured the yolk a few times. No matter, TS was still thrilled to see this duo! I'm so happy I've been able to use my supercute wings picks so much this past week. Here, the mama is flapping her wings in happiness over her hatchling chick's appearance. Aww! There's also miso butterfish (method and recipe here), roasted kabocha (tossed with parmesan) and brussels sprouts. Yes, I've taken to tossing all kinds of vegetables with parmesan, and you know what? It suddenly makes them a lot more desirable to the kiddos. The rest of the bento contains ripe strawberries, blueberries and grapes. That's it for the Easter bento at our house for this year. Hope you all enjoy a wonderful weekend. Happy Easter and Happy Spring!


6 comments:

  1. ADORABLE!!! And very delicious looking, I'm gonna try the parmesan veggies :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! The chick is perfect no matter what you said!
    Hope you and the kids have a sweet Easter weekend ! Lots of fun, cute bunnies and lovely things! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweetest chickie bento! Seeing this put me in a festive Easter mood and a big smile on my face. Have a lovely weekend, Sheri!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you bentobird! Hope you had a wonderful weekend yourself :D

      Delete